Moroccan Clay Cooking Tagines - large
These traditional Moroccan clay pots are essential in Moroccan cuisine and date back to the 8th century. While they are still cooked over charcoal or open fire, they can also be slow-cooked over electric or gas stovetops or in the oven. The unique conical-shaped lid allows steam condensation to accumulate and aromatics to drip back into the ingredients making meats more moist and tender and caramelizing the sauce. This technique enriches the food’s nutritional quality and, overall, makes your dish more flavorful. Ours are handmade of natural terra cotta clay, unglazed, lead-free and food-safe. They come in 3 sizes: small for 1-2 people; medium for 2-4 and large for a party of 6 or more. Simple and easy with a deep bottom pot, follow any Moroccan clay pot recipe or dish from around the world. You can even bake bread in it! Charm your guests at your next meal by serving this 1-pot meal at the dinner table and revealing a fragrant, scrumptious meal.
Material: 100% natural fired terra cotta clay (unglazed)
Dimensions: 11"d x 7"h
Care: Handwash only. Not suitable for dishwasher.
- Every piece is one-of-a-kind and has its own characteristics and minor imperfections adding to its beauty and charm.
- Safe to use in oven (up to 350 F) or stovetop (on low - medium heat)
- Can be used on charcoal grill on low heat
- Do not add cold water to clay pot when it’s hot to prevent cracking
- Care: Handwash only. Not suitable for dishwasher.
- Not microwave safe
- Wood or bamboo-made spoons and spatulas are great to use as they will not scratch the surface of the clay pot
- Priming or seasoning your clay pot:
- Soak the lid and the base in water in your sink or large basin overnight
- Drain and dry; then rub the interior and exterior with olive oil.
- Place the pot and lid in the oven and turn the temperature to 300 F/150 C, and leave it for two hours.
- Turn off the oven but leave the pot to cool completely.
- Your clay pot is ready to use!
Wholesale available, feel free to contact us.