Tamegroute Bowl - small 3
Moroccan Tamegroute Pottery is an artform that has been passed down from generation to generation. It’s named after the village of Tamegroute located in the Draa River valley in southern Morocco, just before the Sahara desert (in the Berber language, Tamegroute means “last place before the desert”). Potters dig up the clay from the riverbed and then spin and shape the clay into bowls, vases, platters, cups, etc. The clay may contain small grains of rock or sand which gives the surface of the piece its unique texture and beautiful imperfections. A mystery to many, the signature green and yellow glaze is a mixture of 1% added natural copper, local minerals and the clay itself. Our range of Tamegroute pottery makes for unique serving vessels, elegant vases or a showpiece for your home. Mix and match for a charming collection!
Material: 100% natural clay & glaze from Tamegroute, Morocco
Dimensions: 5.25"d x 3"h
Colors: Green or Yellow
Care: Handwash only. Not suitable for dishwasher.
- Each piece is completely unique as they are handmade; and may differ from the image shown.
- Every piece is one-of-a-kind and has its own characteristics and minor imperfections adding to its beauty and charm.
- Glazes can vary depending on the amount applied by the individual craftsperson, and where it has been placed in the oven.
- Plates are fired by stacking them resulting in 3 marks (“scars”) at the top of each plate.
- All Dimensions have a margin of variation of 10% due to the artisanal nature of this product.
Wholesale available, feel free to contact us.